About Debbi Fintak
I am honored to announce my candidacy for Representative, House District 16. As a resident of Pender County, I believe if something is not right we have a moral obligation to act. I see the issues, I can bring fresh ideas, and then offer positive solutions to break the log-jam of politics in Raleigh.
As a retired educator of 38 years in Elementary, Middle, and High Schools, I understand the plight of North Carolina teachers. I've taught in a variety of places from Bucks County, PA, Cairo, Shanghai, and more. I have earned a Masters at New York University and a Bachelors of Science at West Chester University.
I retired when my daughter attended College at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Therefore, my time is dedicated to Pender County and I feel it is important to stay involved within the community. Here are some ways that has happened:
- 6 years as a Sea Turtle Rescue Volunteer including weekly beach walks in search of turtle nests, sitting with nests, and educating bystanders on the Rescue and Rehabilitation Center.
- Willard Community Playground organizer, grant writer, and builder. Completed in 2017.
- Climate Activist and anti-drilling activities
Willard County Playground, 2017
Experienced Leader in Political Issues
- Three years as Pender County Democrat Chair
- Also served in the role of Secretary, and third chair
- ERA Action Team